Store Brand Toddler Formulas
Store Brand Toddler Formulas for older infants are available in two varieties and cost up to 50 percent less than nationally advertised toddler formula brands:*
- Store Brand Toddler Beginnings™ Stage 2 Follow-On Formula for babies ages 9-18 months. Compare our Toddler Beginnings 2 formula to the nutrition of Enfagrow™ Toddler Transitions™ formula.**
- Store Brand Toddler Next Stage™ Formula for children ages 1-3 years. Compare our Toddler Next Stage 3 formula to the nutrition of Enfagrow™ Toddler Next Step™ and Similac Go & Grow® formulas.**
Both toddler formulas contain calcium for growing bones and are suitable for children who have started a diet supplemented with baby cereals and baby foods.
Why Use a Toddler Formula Instead of Cow's Milk?
Mother's milk and infant formula provide all the complete nutrition necessary for a baby's first year. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends breast milk or iron-fortified formula for at least 12 months and does not recommend cow's milk. There are a variety of reasons why health experts and the pediatric medical community recommends breast milk and formula instead of cow's milk:
- Young babies have difficulty digesting cow's milk.
- Formula is more easily digested by infants than cow's milk.
- Cow's milk has high concentrations of protein and minerals, which can stress a newborn's immature kidneys and cause an array of health issues.
- Cow's milk lacks the appropriate levels of iron, vitamin C, and other nutrients required for infants growth and development.
Once an infant is older than 12 months, he or she can be fed whole cow's milk, as long as the infant has balanced diet of solid foods. Older infants beyond nine months of age need more calcium to support bone growth and development as they turn to a diet that increasingly involves baby foods and cereals.
Toddler formulas contain more calcium, iron, nucleotides found naturally in breast milk, and prebiotics to support the immune system. Toddler formulas also contain the essential fatty acids DHA and ARA, which are abundant in breast milk and may support brain and eye development.
Filling the Nutrition Gap for Older Infants
Toddler formulas fill the nutrition gap for older infants who are beginning to eat baby foods and other solids but still require essential fats, iron, and other nutrients that are not adequately present in whole cow's milk. Toddler formulas offer complete nutrition and are a healthy transitional nutrition option for older infants who still need iron and essential lipids like DHA and ARA.
Store Brand Formulas like Toddler Beginnings™ 2 and Toddler Next Stage™ 3 toddler formulas also contain prebiotics, which support infant immune health. Toddlers, who are poor eaters, refuse whole cow's milk or plant-based milk, or gain weight inadequately, are definite candidates for our toddler formulas.
Our Factory in the Green Mountain State of Vermont
Store Brand Toddler Formulas are produced in a state-of-the-art facility that is located near Burlington, Vermont. Our FDA-inspected, ISO 9001:2008-certified facility has been producing infant and toddler formulas for more than 30 years in strict compliance with good manufacturing practices (GMP). With this type of unique heritage, you can rest easy knowing Store Brand Formulas meet an array of quality assurance measures:
- Certified kosher by the Orthodox Union (OU)
- Fully compliant with the Safe Quality Food (SQF) Program
- Meets FDA standards
- Meets the nutritional levels recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics
We make the most important products for the most important people. That's why our team conducts more than 20,000 tests per month to make certain Store Brand Formulas meet our standards before they meet your standards.