Types of Baby Formula
Just like national brands like Enfamil® or Similac® baby formulas, store brand infant formulas are available in three broad category types at leading retailers across the country:
- Milk Formula
- Soy-Based Formula
- Specialty Formula
Remember, switching baby formula is an option; be sure to consult your heathcare professional about the appropriate infant formula for your baby. Read the nutritional information on the labels, and you'll find that store brand formula is nutritionally comparable to national brand formulas at a fraction of the price.
Please feel free to visit our baby formula coupons page to receive a formula coupon. To the left of the page, we highlight leading types of baby formula that are available as store brands.
- Premium Formula and Advantage® Formula are standard milk-based formulas.
- Soy Formula is a nutritionally complete alternative for infants when soy protein is preferred.
- Gentle® Formula is a milk-based formula for babies with fussiness or gas.
- Tender™ Formula contains 100 percent partially hydrolyzed whey protein for babies with fussiness or gas and prebiotics to support a baby's natural immune system.
- Sensitivity® Formula is a milk-based, low-lactose† formula that provides complete nutrition.
- Organic formula is available in milk and soy varieties and is produced without pesticides, growth hormones, or antibiotics.
- Newborn Formula for babies is a milk-based infant formula with additional Vitamin D to support the nutritional needs of newborns.
- Added Rice formula is thickened with added rice starch to help babies who frequently spit up.
- Toddler formula contains calcium for growing bones and is designed for infants aged nine months and older who have started a diet supplemented by baby cereals and baby foods.
Infant Formula Made in the U.S.A.
All store brand powder infant formulas are manufactured by Perrigo Nutritionals in the United States of America according to FDA standards in state-of-the-art facilities located in Georgia, Vermont, and Covington, Ohio. Our team of product development scientists, plant technicians, and quality assurance experts are among the most talented and experienced in the industry.
Our Vermont facility is the only domestic manufacturer in the infant formula category that adheres to both FDA guidelines and quality-assurance regulations set by the International Organization for Standardization. Our Vermont factory is also certified kosher by the Orthodox Union (OU) and approved by Quality Assurance International (QAI) to manufacture organic milk-based powder infant formula brands that are compliant with the USDA National Organic Program.
For more on our quality assurance and safety certifications, visit our infant formula Quality Assurance page.